AVAC Swim SchoolŪ lessons & programs update.
Dear Swim School Families,
We miss you! Your teachers, customer service reps, deck supervisors, and swim school managers can't wait to see you and jump right back into swimming with you when the time is right.
Personally, and similar to you, I'm navigating the challenges of online learning for my 8 and 6 year olds, caring for my 2 year old, keeping them active, and working full days ensuring AVAC Swim School® will survive and thrive after this—all this while attempting to mind my own health and sanity!
I hope you've seen our regular posts to help keep your kids active at home and engaged with their Swim Teachers who miss them. The outreach we have seen from so many of you with offers of support for our small business, paying tuition to support our staff, kind words, and so much more has been overwhelming. I want to offer the sincerest thank you—I truly have no words to express how much our team appreciates it!
In your emails, I have received a consistent question..."What happens to your lessons?"
Here are some answers:
• All March lessons can be made up with a full year after we reopen to do so
• You will not be charged until further notice
• Our team is working on "on hold" options as we speak, and we'll be sending out by email in the next week.
In the Meantime…
• Other programs around AVAC including Jr.FIT, Fitness, Tennis, and more have created a robust private Facebook Group for live workouts, kids programs, high-quality recorded workouts, nutrition seminars, virtual happy hours…YOU'RE INVITED!
• Dance with Miss Sheena and Miss Mackenzie from your home!
• We're not the only ones thinking of fun ways to help families during these uncharted times. With the help of technology, companies are finding new ways to keep families learning, laughing and connecting. Here are just a few of the fun activities we've seen floating around online:
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems: Grab some paper and pencils, pens, or crayons and join Mo Willems for new art activities when your kids are ready for their late morning break! New episodes will be posted each weekday at 10 am (pacific time).
- Monterey Bay Aquarium: The aquarium may be closed, but your kids can still learn about their favorite animals without leaving the house. The Monterey Bay Aquarium posts multiple times a day! The aquarium has awesome educational videos and live stories where they showcase habitats and animals which live about 45 minutes away.
- National Geographic Kids: Explore the world without leaving home with a little help from National Geographic Kids. From animals and geography to science, nature, and history, there are so many amazing facts just waiting to be discovered.
Until we swim again
We can't wait to jump back into the pool with you again soon. When it's safe to do so, we will let you know and be ready to welcome all of our families back to Swim School!
Danielle Griffith-Jones and your AVAC Swim School® family