Our pool never stops being ventilated. Unlike an office, gym, restaurant, grocery store, etc, pools do not recirculate air, they only exchange air from the outside. This is by design and building code.
At AVAC®, we use 3 Munter air exchangers which move a total of 12,000 cubic feet per minute (CFM) of outside air. Most restaurants require moving 7.5 CFM per person, and many are scrambling right now to double or triple that number. By comparison, morning swim at AVAC we are moving 4,000 CFM per swimmer.
Ventilation is important, but it's not the only reason the pool is the safest place to be:
- The AVAC Swim School® Pool meets and exceeds all local and industry standards for disinfection and pool quality
- All 64,000 gallons of pool water are disinfected and oxidized with chlorine at a maintained level of 3.0 ppm, oxidation and disinfection is strengthened with hydrochloric acid
- Unlike most pools, ours has an additional UV light filtration system
- Per CDC: There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, or water playgrounds
- Irish study showing no transmission of SARS-like viruses in chlorinated water
- Through US Swim School Association surveys we know that 38,368 students in the US have been swimming weekly with not one case of COVID-19 traced back to a swim school