We have a free Barnacles class starting at 8 weeks and going up to 5 months.We start parent tot classes at 6 months old, independent swimming without a parent starts at the age of 3 years. We have classes for adults as well; you are never too old to learn how to swim!
You have the option to cancel at any time. We do require a 30 day written notice via our online form. If you would like to take a break, all you have to do is send us a 30 day notice and then re-enroll when you are ready to come back.
Yes. While we encourage you to attend your regularly scheduled class, we understand that life sometimes gets in the way.
• Please see our makeup policy here.
Our small group learn-to-swim lessons are 30 minutes in length. We offer specialty classes (private & pre-comp) that range in time between 20 - 90 minutes.
Classes are once per week, but you have the option to add multiple classes. We also offer Summer Intensives (June-August).
- 4:1 for Group Lessons
- 6:1 for Parent Tot
- 14:1 for Pre-Comp
- 15:1 for Barnacles
If you are interested in getting information, please click the link below and fill out our “Inquiry” form.
If you have been in lessons with us before and would like to re-enroll, please call us at 408.267.4032. Our customer service team is also available to enroll you in person if you would like to come and see our facility.
Once you have chosen a class, you keep that spot. If you find you need to change to another day or time, simply contact our customer service staff to make the change.
We offer a variety of classes, it is our goal to get your swimmer in the right class. We feel the best way to get the right class is to call us at 408.267.4032 & a Customer Service Representative can assist you with any questions you may have. Our Customer Service staff will research our schedule & place you in a class according to the age & ability of the swimmer.
We do perpetual, automatic billing on the 20th of every month.
Discounts are offered to:
- AVAC® Member
- Double Day
- 3 or more swimmers enrolled receive a 10% discount (swimmers must be in the same family – ask for details)
- AVAC® Referral Program: Current families who refer a friend to AVAC Swim School® they will receive a free month of lessons on their swim school account (friends must be brand new to AVAC Swim School®). Families can refer an unlimited number of friends.
Reusable swim diapers are required for all swimmers under the age of three and all non potty-trained swimmers. Disposable swim diapers and rubber pants are not acceptable.
The AVAC® outdoor pool is reserved for AVAC® members. For information on a club membership, email us, or call 408.445.4910.
• Acknowledge their fear and talk to them about it
• Offer continued support and encouragement
• Reinforce desired behaviors
• Practice skills at home (bathtub or pool)
• Scold children for crying
• Discontinue lessons altogether
•Allow your anxiety to show through to your child
Our pool is kept at 90 degrees for optimal learning.